Opportunity for local artists and organisations
Deadline Wednesday 26th April 2017, 5pm
We are looking to commission 6 Barking and Dagenham based organisations or artists to either create new content or bring existing work to our annual DAGFEST festival which this year takes place on Saturday 15th July. DAGFEST is a multi-artform extravaganza that in its first two years has attracted audiences of over 5000 people. The purpose of the festival is to provide a huge range of participatory, fun, and lively arts activities on the doorstep in Dagenham.
We can offer up to £500 for you to bring your work on the day; this should include the cost of any materials, artist fee and travel.
We are looking for:
- Performances (either shows or walkabouts): theatre, music, poetry or spoken word.
- Whatever you bring will need to be on for at least 40 minutes duration in total; this could be broken down – for example into 2 x 20 minute shows during the day.
- Please note we are not looking for dance performances at this time.
- Participatory activities that are fun, accessible and that the public can join in with you.
- Ideas include setting up and managing a craft zone or activity, leading a practical demonstration, for example of a certain style of dance or creating a fun new type of creative activity, like painting with a gigantic brush.
Deadline to apply: Wednesday 26th April 2017
If you have any questions please contact Sophie on 020 8594 7136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org