Volunteer with CBD this Summer!
We have an exciting summer ahead and we would love to get you involved.
DAGFEST is just around the corner, on Saturday 7th July we will be popping up in Dagenham Village and we want you to come and be part of the fun, meet new people and feel good about contributing to your local community. We also have installations and performances happening as part of the Summer of Festivals programme with the Barking and Dagenham council events team. As well as opportunities to learn new skills and gather feedback as part of a Rivers of the World exhibition.
We are looking for volunteers to help us spread the word! Can you help us get our flyers and posters out there, we want to hear from you. Call Sophie on 020 8594 7136 and help to encourage even more people to enjoy the festival!
On the festival day there is plenty for our volunteers to get involved with including:
- Site Decorating: The day before and in the morning join EEA and the CBD to to transform the site and make it fabulously festival ready.
- Production Assistants: You will be helping the CBD and production team to welcome volunteers, ensure stalls holders are set up in the right places and help manage specfic zones on the day.
- Artists Assistants: You will be matched up with a performer and will be welcoming and supporting those artists on the day.
- Events Hosts: Being brilliant, helpful and knowledgeable on the day to help people navigate the space and encourage people to watch all the different performances on the site. This includes sharing all the festival joy at the CBD info tent
- Tea Tent Host: Encouraging people to take a weight off and enjoy FREE Tea and a cake *Supported by Rowallan House* in the Tea Tent.
- Behind the scenes care team: You will help get water out across the site and to clear up and pack down at the end of the day, leaving no trace.
All volunteers will receive a meal voucher that can be redeemed on the day and any travel costs can also be covered. We will keep you well stocked with hot and cold drinks and snacks throughout the day.
You can sign up for the morning or afternoon volunteer session so you get to enjoy the festival for the rest of the day! Please complete the form below letting us know of your availability and which briefing session you are able to attend.
No experience required! If you are interested in volunteering for something in particular let us know at the briefing. In previous years we have introduced family volunteering which has been a wonderful success. So bring one and bring all and get involved as a family throughout the day!
If you would like more information or you have any questions in the meantime please e-mail or call Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org tel. 020 8594 7136.